Privacy and Confidentiality
Broadsound Coastal Care is committed to protecting your privacy and confidentiality. We comply with the Privacy Act 1988, Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
To ensure your privacy:
- Client files and other information are securely stored.
- We only collect information about clients that is relevant to the provision of support and we explain to clients why we collect the information and what we use it for.
- We seek consent from clients to, in an emergency, disclose personal information to other health service providers as appropriate to provide emergency care or services.
- We seek consent from clients to provide access to client records to government officials (or their delegates) in the conduct of quality reviews or the investigation of complaints. We advise clients that these individuals are required to keep all information accessed through this process confidential.
- Information provided to government bodies regarding service provision (such as MDS data) does not identify the client. If any information is provided to outside government agencies for data purposes, we ensure that the information is de-identified and we make a note in the client’s record what information was shared and to whom.