A client has the right to refuse or cancel support at any time. If a client refuses or cancels support a client may reapply for support at a later date. A client will be assessed again and support services provided will be subject to availability.
Whilst every effort is made to provide clients with their required level of support, cancellation can occur for the following reasons:
- Client moves away from our service area
- Client moves into a hostel or nursing home
- Another agency provides client with support
- Client’s needs increase and Broadsound Coastal Care are unable to provide the necessary support
- Client no longer requires support
- Client behaviour is not appropriate towards staff or other clients
- Client is away for an extended period of time (excluding hospital stays).
If support is cancelled, the reasons for cancellation will be explained and assistance provided to access other services if appropriate.